Related image

Kuwait: The government has placed a ban on the transfer of expatriates from the private to the government sector, except in cases where written approval is obtained from the Civil Service Commission (CSC), According to a local report, the employers of expatriates in the private sector must submit a document stating the approval of the CSC to the Public Authority for Manpower, This step comes in line with the implementation of the replacement policy, which is one of the basic treatments to adjust the demographics.

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing

OFW Ronalyn Y. Lawagan found working in part-time job 

Kuwait Filipina maid Ronalyn Y. Lawagan who went missing in Kuwait was found working as a part-time job in houses, officials said.

After spreading her photo on social media, a delegation from Philippines' Department of Labor and Employment visited her family in her town where they were informed that Ronalyn has been in contact with her parents since she started working in Kuwait.
Her family said that she has been doing that without her husband knowledge as they also gave the delegation phone number which helped to reach her out.

According to investigations, termination of her working contract was the reason behind escaping from her previous sponsor as she is now working in cleaning houses per hours.
Earlier, Philippine Embassy in Kuwait reported that Ronalyn ran away from her employer after working for 2 years

The Ministry of Interior publishes via the communication sites the baggage that is prohibited to enter the plane.
 
The Ministry of Interior has posted through the communication sites the names of the baggage that are prohibited from entering the plane in case of travel, as in the attached pictures. 

This comes in line with the expectations of increased travel during the coming days, especially with the holiday of Eid al-Adha. 

"Dear traveler, for security and safety during the flight, please follow the airport security instructions before boarding the plane," the ministry said

ue56eu5uy65u5u.jpg

57u56u5euy56u56u.jpg

uytu5656u5u56.jpg

Qatar has officially made permanent residency an option for a limited number of foreigners, a landmark development in the energy-rich Gulf.

 Related image
 

Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani issued a decree allowing a maximum of 100 expatriates to gain permanent residency each year, giving them access to a generous welfare system and commercial rights previously reserved for citizens of the world’s biggest exporter of natural gas. The Ministry of Interior will decide on applications, according to the Sept. 4 decree.

A yearlong boycott of Qatar by Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt has lent added urgency to encouraging expatriates to stay in the country by granting some of them more rights. Permanent residency for foreigners has been a controversial issue in the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council, where citizens’ privileges are guarded zealously. Expatriates make up more than 90 percent of Qatar’s 2.7 million people.

To be eligible, residents born in Qatar must have lived in the country for 10 years, while those born abroad would need to have lived there 20 years, according to the decree. A passing command of the Arabic language, proof of sufficient income and sound legal standing are also required.

Read more: Game-Changing Qatar Law to Grant Expats Permanent Residency

Children of Qatari women married to foreigners, spouses of citizens and the children of naturalized Qataris will automatically become permanent residents. Exempt from the eligibility requirements are people who rendered “significant service” to the state and who possess special skills.

Permanent residents will be able to establish commercial companies without needing a local partner and will be able to take part in national economic projects. Permanent residency permits can be withdrawn in certain cases.

Qatar is abolishing the exit visa required before expatriate workers are allowed to leave the country, according to a decree published in Al Raya newspaper. Employers can ask that some employees be barred from leaving without prior approval “due to work necessities,” however such waivers can’t account for more than five percent of a workforce. Those prevented from traveling by employers can appeal to a committee, which must take a decision within three working days.

Source : bloomberg

KuwaitMunicipalityBuilding.jpg

Kuwait Municipality disclosed that they will start a campaign for evacuating rented basements in residential areas in accordance with the licenses granted to them, as the basements are intended to be car parking spaces for the residents of those buildings.

Officials explained that building owners will be obliged to reallocate the basements of their buildings as car parks by the force of the law. Officials also added that the tenants can sue landlords or file complaints against them at various municipality branches if basements are rented out or used without municipal permission. “Director Ahmed AlManfouhi instructed all branches to start listing violating buildings to warn them and later check that the changes have been made in order to avoid compulsory eviction with the interior ministry’s assistance,” the sources explained.

The sources also added that growing numbers of citizens and expats have been complaining about getting parking tickets because they have no parking spaces outside their buildings.

Sunday, 23 September 2018 11:24

ANNOUNCEMENT : Equinox on Sept 27

yuyou8youi.JPG
 
Equinox, the event where the durations of daytime and nighttime are equal, is expected to occur globally today, said Kuwaiti astronomer and historian Adel Al-Sadoun. He added that in Kuwait, the equinox would be on September 27, when sunrise is expected at 05:39 am, while sunset follows 12 hours later. The equinox is the point at which the center of the visible sun is directly above the equator, it occurs twice each year around 20 March and 22-23 September.

dsgsgd.JPG

Kuwait's Ministry of Interior (MoI) on Saturday urges road users to be cautious of the dust and unstable weather conditions causing low visibility in several areas. In a statement, the ministry urged people to call 112 in case of emergency or assistance.

About 2.5 million Afghans, many of whom fled their homeland after it was invaded by the Soviet Union in 1979, live in Pakistan, home to the world’s second-largest refugee population.

It was unclear whether Khan, who was speaking at an event in the southern coastal metropolis of Karachi, intends to grant citizenship to Afghans born in Pakistan or to all those who have made a home there.

“Those Afghans whose children are born here and have grown up in Pakistan we will also, god willing, get (passports) for them,” Khan said.

 9898fhfjfj.JPG

“If you are born in America you get an American passport. It happens in all countries around the world so why not here?”

Afghans have long complained about constant harassment due to the lack of citizenship rights for those who have spent decades living and working in Pakistan.

There were concerns earlier this year that Islamabad planned to repatriate refugees back to violence-plagued Afghanistan after Pakistan extended the stay of Afghan refugees living within its borders by only 60 days.

Relations between the neighbours have deteriorated in recent years, with Kabul accusing Islamabad of harbouring Taliban militants who carry out attacks across the border.

Pakistan denies the charge and blames Afghanistan for providing sanctuary to Pakistani Taliban militants responsible for attacks that have taken place on its soil over the past two years.

 5656guuu.JPG

The move was lauded by human rights activists in Pakistan, who have called for Afghans born in the country to be given nationality in accordance with Pakistani law, which grants citizenship to anyone born in the country.

“Pakistan has been host to one of the largest refugee population in the world and granting citizenship to those eligible seems to be a logical next step both legally and morally,” Saroop Ijaz, a representative for Human Rights Watch told Reuters.

“This move is an important first step in ending the discrimination faced by refugee and migrant communities.”

Khan also said undocumented Bengali immigrants living in Pakistan would be given passports.

A government anti-trafficking unit placed the number of Bengalis living in Pakistan, many of whom fled Bangladesh for economic reasons following its independence from Pakistan in 1971, at two million in 2012, but it is unknown how many of those are long-term residents.

A Jet Airways morning flight from Mumbai to Jaipur had to turn back soon after the takeoff, as out of 166 passengers on the plane, atleast 30 suffered nose and ear bleeding in mid-air due to a drop in cabin pressure. According to an official statement, the incident happened after the crew forgot to switch on the system that maintains cabin pressure.

 

According to the NDTV, as soon as the pressure in the Jet Airways flight dropped, the oxygen mask came down and some passengers started to feel dizzy, and some complained about a headache. Deputy Director General, Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) Lalit Gupta said, “The 9W 697 Mumbai-Jaipur flight was turned back to Mumbai after take off as, during the climb, crew forgot to select switch to maintain cabin pressure. This resulted in the oxygen masks dropping. Thirty out of 166 passengers experienced nose and ear bleeding, some also complained of headache.”

Soon after the flight was turned back to the Mumbai airport, the passengers were quickly rushed to the doctors for medical aid.


Passengers on Social Media

Many Jet Airways passengers posted images from inside the plane. The pictures showed oxygen masks being deployed for the passengers and a few passengers even posted pictures wearing safety gears.

Jet Airways’ response

Confirming the incident, Jet Airways spokesperson in a statement said that the B737 aircraft landed normally in Mumbai and all the passengers are safe. “All guests were deplaned safely and taken to the terminal. First aid was administered to a few guests who complained of ear pain, bleeding nose etc,” said the statement.

It further added that the flight’s cockpit crew has been taken off scheduled duties pending investigation. Showing deep regrets about the incident, the Airways also said, “The airline is making alternative flight arrangements for guests on this flight. Jet Airways regrets the inconvenience caused to its guests.”


Not an isolated incident

This is not an isolated incident where passengers had to suffer due to the sheer negligence on the part of the airline companies. Just a few days ago, an Air India pilot narrated one of his worst nightmare over a brief radio message.

After the flight’s all three Instrument Landing System (ILS) receivers on board malfunctioned, the pilot says, “They are stuck, and there is no fuel”. However, piloting the nine-year-old Boeing 777-300, the senior pilots averted a major tragedy on September 11.

In another incident, three passengers, who complained about mosquitoes in an IndiGo flight from Delhi in April this year would be paid Rs 40,000 each. The order came after the consumer disputes forum in Amritsar took note of the complaint filed by these three city lawyers.

Recently, Jet Airways was also pulled up by a Bengaluru Consumer Court for overcharging a passenger for an economic class ticket and for losing another passenger’s bag. Both the passengers were offered compensation. The incident happened in 2015.

 

Soirce: thelogicalindian

The EU on Tuesday announced an emergency aid package worth two million euros to help victims of typhoon Mangkhut in the Philippines.

The funds will be given to humanitarian organizations already working in affected areas and "will address the most urgent needs of the communities stricken by the typhoon", Efe news reported.

 Image result

"The EU is supporting those in need in the Philippines, many of whom are suffering the devastating effects of the cyclone," said European Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management, Christos Stylianides.

"Our contribution will provide shelter, emergency relief items distribution, water and sanitation, food security for the most vulnerable among those who have lost their homes," he added.

The European Commission's emergency satellite mapping service Copernicus was being used to map the most affected areas and a humanitarian expert had been deployed to assess the needs on the ground, according to the statement.

On Tuesday, the death toll due to Mangkhut climbed to 74 in the Philippines as rescue teams continued to search for dozens of people buried in an abandoned mine, which collapsed owing to landslides.

Mangkhut, the strongest typhoon of the season, had lashed parts of Luzon island on the northernmost tip of the Philippines on Saturday.

 
Prev1234...678910Next
Page 1 of 224